It’s winters time and your fridge is loaded with colorful vegetables so this is an ideal recipe for health conscious ones, all you need is carrots, spinach and brown rice. It will keep your calorie content minimum .
1 medium cup brown rice (soaked for an hour)
1 small tomato chopped
1 small onion chopped
4 tbsp chopped spinach
¼ cup chopped carrots
¼ cup fresh peas
1 green chilly chopped
½ tsp red chilly powder
¼ tsp biryani masala
¼ tsp jeera
½ tsp ginger paste
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
250 gms low fat curds
¼ cup chopped red cabbage
Pinch of salt
¼ tsp jeera powder
1.Pressure cook brown rice till full 2 whistles with 1 and ½ cups of water. Add little salt in the water. Drain excess water if any, after cooking spread the rice for cooling.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick deep pan. On medium flame add jeera and red chilli powder and allow it to crackle for few seconds.
3. Now add onions, peas and carrots to this and saute till they get semi cooked.
4. Now add salt, biryani masala, green chili and ginger paste and cook for few more seconds on medium flame.
5. Add cooked rice and mix well to avoid stickiness. Now add tomatoes and spinach and cook just for few seconds while mixing. Tomatoes and spinach should not be cooked till done as they are more like garnish.
6. Remove from flame and cover the pan and allow it to stand in steam for a while.
7. Take a bowl and whip the curds till smooth, add salt and jeera powder along with chopped cabbage (make sure they are chilled and crisp).
8. Serve hot rice with this great tasting raita.